Is It Easy To Get Residency In Andorra?Our team can help you with your Andorra Passive or Active Visa requirements. Contact us and we will help you with the process.
Caldea Spa Resort in Escaldes-Engordany, Andorra
Andorra is known for its stunning landscapes and for having some of the world's best skiing locations, but it offers much more than that.
This small principality enjoys a stable economy, a healthy real estate market, and one of the most competitive tax rates in all of Europe.
This combination makes Andorra one of the most popular options among people looking for a safe place within Europe.
Best Reasons To Obtain Residence In Andorra
Andorra Is One Of The Safest Countries In Europe
With almost no crime, scams, or violence, Andorra is one of the safest countries in Europe.
Because of this, it is an ideal country to be a resident. The number of criminal acts registered per year is much lower than in other countries, including Spain and France, especially if we consider the resident population percentage.
According to the World Bank, Andorra is among the top 15 countries with the highest GDP per capita.
Tourism, retail sales, and finance (especially private banking) comprise more than three-quarters of GDP.
Millions of tourists visit Andorra annually, attracted by the climate and commerce of the region. A good percentage of these visitors eventually move to Andorra.
Andorra la Vella, The capital of Andorra
Andorra's VAT is the lowest in Europe. VAT on goods and services is at 1% on rent, culture, education, or health, while standard VAT is 4.5%. This means much lower prices compared to Spain and other neighboring countries.
Andorra's Health Care System
The health system of Andorra is at the top of the world ranking of health systems. It works with a system of co-payments.
- The government covers 75% of the cost of medical visits for applicants to the Andorran passive residence.
- When it comes to admissions or surgical interventions, these are covered by 90%.
Andorra's Quality Of Life
When it comes to life expectancy and quality of life, Andorra is ranked among the top countries. The World Health Organization says Andorrans live to an average of 83 years.
Fresh air, good healthy food, safety and security, and its healthcare system are among some reasons Andorreans live a quality life.
World Heritage Sites
Packed with Romanesque art, UNESCO recognizes 10% of the territory as a World Heritage Site.
The Andorran government is working to make the principality the first country to be considered a World Biosphere Reserve.
The Madriu-Perafita-Claror Valley and the Falles of Andorra la Vella are both on UNESCO's World Heritage List.
Madriu-Perafita-Claror Valley, Andorra | Photo Credit: VisitAndorra
One of the advantages of living in Andorra is undoubtedly the climate. Andora averages about 310 sunny days during the year.
Temperatures are moderate throughout the year. In winter you can enjoy the snow, something the country is proud of because the services for winter sports vacations are very well known and attract many tourists.
Growing Real Estate Market
Andorra's real estate market is continually growing thanks to the increase of tourists and people interested in living in this small but charming territory.
Best of all, property prices in Andorra are still lower than European standards, so the timing for investing in real estate in Andorra couldn't be better.
Types of Andorra Residency
There are two types of residency available in Andorra. Passive and Active Residency.
What Is Andorra's Active Residence?
This is the most versatile and advantageous type of Andorran residence, but it also has the most rigorous application process.
The active residence is ideal for foreigners who want to work or do business within the Principality of Andorra, either because they have a job offer or because they have the necessary means to start an Andorran company.
Very much in line with other residency programs globally, one of the main conditions to apply for active residency is to commit to establishing effective residence in Andorra for 183 days.
Those who are able to obtain an active residency through a job offer enjoy a more straightforward process because the company that hires them takes care of everything.
Hoever, if you're thinking about getting the Active Andorran residence on your own; we can help you during the entire process.
Active self-employment requires that you have at least 10% participation in a new or existing Andorran company and require that you exercise a managerial position within the company.
In addition to that, the Andorran government will require the following in order for you to obtain Active residency:
- No criminal record.
- Setting up your tax domicile in Andorra.
- A certificate of the rental or purchase of a property in Andorra.
- Contribution to the Andorran Social Security.
- Making a deposit of 15,000 euros to the Financial Regulatory Authority, AFA, (deposit to be returned once you no longer reside in the country).
- To carry out a satisfactory medical examination before the Andorran Immigration Department.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Certificate accrediting marital status.
If you are interested in obtaining active Andorran residency by independent means, our team of experts can help you throughout the process. If you want to know more, don't hesitate to contact us and meet our experts in Andorra!
What Is Andorra's Passive Residence?
The passive residence is a non-profit residence permit designed for foreigners who establish their residence in Andorra for at least 90 days per calendar year.
If you have business operations outside Andorra and want to become a resident of this European principality anyway, the passive residence is your best option.
This type of residence is specifically designed for people with sufficient income, whether from property rentals, funds, companies, bank interests, pensions, or other means of income.
Besides, if you are interested in the Andorran residence but you need to travel to other countries repeatedly, the passive residence is perfect.
Instead of having a requirement to stay 183 days a year, the requirement is 90 days, practically half of required by the active residence.
The conditions you must meet to obtain this residency if you are an investor or a person with sufficient income are relatively straightforward:
- Having a property in Andorra or a rental contract.
- Invest in a property or a company in Andorra for 400,000 euros, deposit this amount into a bank fund, or pay the 400,000 euros to the INAF.
- Minimum stay of 90 days in Andorran territory.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Private medical insurance.
- Medical certificate made in Andorra (is issued by the medical service of the Andorran migration authority).
- A deposit of more than 50,000 euros, plus 10,000 euros per dependant, made at the Andorran Financial Authority, this deposit will be deducted from the 400,000 euros investment.
- Income conformity of more than 300% of the Andorran minimum wage, currently at 1083.33 euros. Also, if you have dependents, you must add 100% extra per dependant.
- Original and photocopy of passport
- Criminal record from the place of birth, nationality, and last country of residence.
- One recent photo.
- Married certificate (This document have to be recently ordered and apostilled).
- Rental contract or property deeds.
- Be the holder of an insurance policy covering incapacity and medical expenses in Andorra.
- Be the holder of a pension scheme or a pension (not for children under 18 years old or for people older than 60 years old).
- Bank certificate of an income three times higher than the minimum salary of Andorra per year.
- A health certificate issued by a doctor accredited by the Andorran authorities (the medical examination is carried out one day after you hand in the required documentation).
Andorran immigration authorities may require additional documents in specific circumstances.
The government of Andorra grants this type of residence for one year. The first two renewals last three years, and after the seventh year, the renewals are for ten years.
Our team of experts can also help you arrange passive residence in Andorra for you and your family without you having to worry.
So if you want to get the residence in one of Europe's most unique places, contact us and meet our team of experts!
How We Can Help With Andorra Residency
Our experts can accompany and advise you during the entire Andorran residence application process.
We offer you a full suite of services, including bank account opening, company registration, and property purchases.
If you think Andorra is your ideal destination, do not hesitate to contact us now and have an interview to meet our team and start working on your residency.
The nobility of time (La Noblesse du Temps). By Salvador Dalí, Plaça de la Rotonda Anrorra.
Check out these other Citizenship and Second Passport options.
How To Get Panama Residency And Other Visas
Important Facts About A Vanuatu Second Passport
Grenada Citizenship By Investment Program
St Kitts And Nevis Citizenship By Investment
Why Panamanian Residency Is Easier
How Can I Get Montenegro Citizenship?